Horizon 6.2 Introduced Biometric Authentication, with initial support for TouchID on IOS devices.
This post will explain how to enable it, as its not really something greatly documented right now. I think they are aware and hopefully in a future update this will be easier.
Here is a link to the current VMware documentation.
NOTE: This feature does require a 3rd party trusted signed certificate to work. From my current testing and speaking with others self-signed certificates will not function.
- Log on to your connection server and launch ADSI Edit.
- In the Connection Settings dialog box, select or connect to DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int.
- In the Computer pane, select or type localhost:389 or the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the View Connection Server host followed by port 389.
- For example: localhost:389 or mycomputer.mydomain.com:389
- On the object CN=Common, OU=Global, OU=Properties, edit the pae-ClientConfig attribute and add the value BioMetricsTimeout=-1.
- The new setting takes effect immediately. You do not need to restart the View Connection Server service or the client device.