Enable SSH on vSphere Management Assistant 5.0
While continuing to build out my lab for VCAP-DCA today I had to deploy the vMA (vSphere Management Assistant). Upon deployment i tried to SSH to it and unfortunately was not able to. By default SSH is turned off, perform the steps below to enable it.
- Logon to vMA via a Console Session
- ‘sudo vi /etc/hosts.allow’
- Scroll to the very bottom and type i to insert content into the file.
- On the last line add
- ‘sshd: ALL: ALLOW’
- Hit ‘ESC’ then type ‘:wq!’ to save.
- Restart SSH services to enable the change.
- ‘sudo /etc/initd/sshd restart’
- You will now be able to SSH to the vMA.