Horizon View - Block Linux VDI Console Access
So I have had some time to play around with the new Linux Horizon View Agent and using Ubuntu as a VDI guest and it works pretty well. However as most of us have seen, when a user is logged onto the guest the screen is shown in the console. In some organizations this may pose a privacy or security risk.
Right now there is no true workaround as that is how the view session is handled, however there is a workaround to disable console access.
To disable console access perform the following steps.
- Shutdown VM.
- Edit Settings
- Select Options Tab, General and then select Configuration Parameters
- Select Add Row
- For Name type in RemoteDisplay.maxConnections
- For Value type in 0
- Hit OK, and Power on your VM.
This does limit some troubleshooting as if a user has issues you wont be able to see the console of the VM, but it is currently the only workaround and has a small tradeoff.
Share this postcomments powered by Disqus
- HTML Based Published Apps with Horizon View 6.1.1
- Unable to Configure Event Database in vRealize Operations View Broker Agent
- Horizon View 6 - Single Sign On with Published Applications