Unregistering vSphere 6 VCSA from PSC
So I am in the process of doing some vSphere 6 testing and needed to test a redeployment of one of my VCSA’s. The problem is when I went to redeploy it I got the following error.
Decoding the error, I pretty much figured that the object already existed in the SSO database and I needed to delete the existing object. Here is how you do that.
- Log in as root to the appliance shell of the Platform Services Controller appliance with which the vCenter Server Appliance is registered.
- To enable the Bash shell, run the shell.set –enabled true command.
- Run the shell command to start the Bash shell and log in.
- Run the cmsso-util unregister command to unregister the powered off vCenter Server Appliance.
- cmsso-util unregister –node-pnid vCenter-FQDNorIP –username [email protected]_domain_name –passwd vCenter-Single-Sign-On-password
The object is now deleted and you can redeploy your VCSA!
Share this postcomments powered by Disqus
- ESXi 6.0 Update 1a Released
- Unable to SSH to vSphere 6 VCSA or PSC
- Unable to join PSC to Domain via Webclient
- vSphere 6.0 Update 1 Released
- vSphere6 - Unable to use session credentials