Using Ansible to Run Powershell Scripts
In the midst of playing with Ansible and figured my most common use case would be executing powershell scripts on remote servers, so scavenged around and put this together.
Link to Git Project
Preparing to Execute the Script
This script assumes you have already installed and configured Ansible, downloaded the Git Repo and installed the WinRM python module.
Define your group variables. Create a hostgroup.yml file in this folder. This is where you specify the username, password and WinRM port to use. This file should mimit the host group defined in your hosts file.
ansible_ssh_user: admin ansible_ssh_pass: password ansible_ssh_port: 5985 ansible_connection: winrm ansible_winrm_server_cert_validation: ignore
Here is the yaml code responsible for launching the script. Copy the script into the scripts directory and update the file.
- name: Run Powershell Scripts hosts: test tasks: - name: run a powershell script script: scripts/hello.ps1 register: out - debug: var=out
Execute the Script
- Run ansible-playbook powershell.yml -i hosts
Share this postcomments powered by Disqus
- Using Ansible to Create Cisco ACI Filters
- Using UCS PowerTool To Set Equipment Labels
- Using UCS PowerTool To Generate Tech Supports
- Using UCS PowerTool To Upload UCS Firmware
- Using UCS PowerTool To Configure UCS Policy Backup and Export