Using Terraform to Deploy the VMware Nested ESXi Appliance
With the addition of OVF/OVA customized properties in Terraform, I figured I would put together a few runbooks for appliances to deploy. This post will cover the details deploy the Nested ESXi Appliance.
Link to Code
Execute the Runbook
- The script is pretty straight forward, you will need to download the Appliance OVA to a local directory and fill in the appropriate variables on the configuration file. Terraform also supports a Remote OVF, but due to performance reasons I have find local to work better.
Im loving all the new pieces of automation that are coming out to help simplify deployments.
What would you like to see next? Leave a comment below!
Share this postcomments powered by Disqus
- Unable to Provision a vVol Hard Disk on a VM Located on VMFS Datastore
- Considerations for vSphere Component Backup and Restore: Part 2
- Considerations for vSphere Component Backup and Restore: Part 1
- Using Terraform to Deploy the VMware Event Broker Appliance
- Using Terraform to Deploy the Site Recovery Manager 8.3 Appliance